Self-care involves regular practices to reduce stress and maintain good health and well-being. It is not selfish nor an indulgence but a necessity, especially in difficult times. It is a state of mind that you need to work at and nurture to be successful. If you do not take care of yourself, how will you be able to effectively look after others? If you do not respect yourself, how can you expect others to respect you?
Ask yourself, “how am I doing?” and answer honestly. Some days will be better than others so decide to spend some time every day doing something you enjoy. Remember to appreciate what you do have. Learn to identify practices that give you energy, manage stress and support your well-being. If you are feeling overwhelmed, please have a discussion with a friend, physician or counsellor.
Here are some ideas for self-care during quarantine:
- Talk to people you love
- Take on-line exercise classes
- Listen to your favourite music and dance
- Pick up some new hobbies or interests
- Be creative – look for new ideas and resources online
- Boost your immune system with a healthy diet and get enough sleep
- Continue with your usual skin care routine
- Take a bath and give yourself a manicure and pedicure
- Keep hydrated
- Eat limited amounts of comfort foods such as chocolate, ice cream or carbs
- Try some new recipes
- Clean and declutter
- Read a book, watch old favourite movies, watch new movies
- Meditate, practice yoga
Gidon Aesthetics & MediSpa specializes in Cosmetic Dermatology in the Greater Toronto area. Dr. MartieGidon’s extensive training with the most advanced techniques ensures beautiful, natural results. Please contact us at 416-483-4541 to schedule a consultation.Written by Dr. Martie Gidon
Gidon Aesthetics and MediSpa - Center for Laser Skin Resurfacing, Laser Skin Tightening and Cellulite Treatment. Cosmetic Dermatology practice of Dr Martie Gidon in Toronto providing a wide range of laser and light based therapies.